Malaysia Starting from RM15.00
Healthy Green Organic Oats
Regular oats may be modified by the addition of chemicals, other additives or even by genetic modification. Organic oats however, are grown using strict standards including the use of organic farming methods with natural pest control methods, instead of synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.
The health benefits of organic oats
- Rich in fibre. Oats contain a type of soluble fibre known as beta-glucan, This fibre dissolves in water to form a thick gel-like substance which promotes growth of healthy bacteria in the gut and also helps in cardiovascular health and strengthens the immune system.
- Antioxidants. Oats contain a specific type of antioxidant known as avenanthramides which boost the production of nitric oxide which, in turn, helps to lower and stabilize blood pressure and improves blood circulation.
- Reduce LDL cholesterol. The soluble fibre in oats helps to boost excretion of cholesterol-containing bile and hence reduces LDL or ‘bad cholesterol’ levels in the blood.
- Stabilizes blood sugar. Oats have a low glycemic index rating and therefore have a lesser effect on blood sugar levels. It prevents blood sugar from spiking and helps to improve insulin sensitivity, particularly in diabetics.
- Helps in weight loss. Oats is a low-calorie and fibre-rich grain, hence it helps in promoting weight lost. It helps you to feel fuller for longer.
- Regulates digestion. The outer layer of oat grains, known as oat bran has beedn shown to help relieve constipation. Consuming oats on a daily basis might help to regulate digestion.
Not only is organic oats loaded with health benefits, they are easy to prepare. Oats can be taken with water or milk and can either be simmered or cooked in the microwave.